Friday 26 July 2013

Be your own Celeb- Conclusion

Hi guys, how has the week been so far, mine has just been  there nothing exciting maybe that's why i've not been so motivated to post, sorry about that. Who missed me... miss you guys though *battling lashes

Anyway, hope my last post was helpful in someways. Here's the concluding part to "be your own celeb", so here we go; after taking a look at the package(the outlook, they fashion style), its also important to make sure that the container is also of great and enviable standard(the inner beauty that stands one out).

The point i'm trying to make is that, its enough to wear the good clothing and have the right outlook but its also very important to have the right self esteem to carry the outward beauty.
Lemme refer to a part from my previous post http://olufunkesway.blogspot.com/2013/07/be-friend-to-have-friend-part2.html for instance, many young people try to be accepted by their peers(which i think is ok) but most time, being accepted wouldn't or doesn't really portray Our true Identity. I had a friend one time, he is very intelligent and down to earth from a humble home but he would rather hang out with the "cool and happening guys" in school than be his real humble self. He tried sooo hard to be accepted that he ended up worse than the rest of his gang.

For me,these are what one must put in check to stand out(Please Note, these are just my opinions);

1. First and foremost understand that "being your own celeb" shouldn't make you Rebellious(and i mean that in a bad way- you might not be among the crowd but that doesn't mean you don't care about what's happening in the crowd *that might look sad and crazy.
A rebel



2. Find and recognize where your interest lies- this in-turn means one should try out new things, explore and be adventurous (though safety and integrity must be in check). This enables you to find out where your interest lies, what you like and what you don't want. Fore instance, I've had friends who were extreme Tomboys before but are now very Ladylike(I'm sure they changed their mind after lipstick trial, lol). Don't be a bandwagon find what interest you! Go to new places, taste new food, play a different sport, try something new.


3. Mistakes are good! (sometimes)- On this one, i think i come first. I've made several mistakes one way or the other (you don't wanna know) but the point is, i don't remain in my mistakes rather i learn from them. I believe every mistake is a learning curve. Some mistakes are very costly though, so be careful of the kind of mistakes you make ooo lols.

4. Set out to achieve something- I use to tell people that "fulfillment does not come by buying all the riches in the world but by making yourself better for the positive purpose of other people"*feeling like Mandela lols. Set out to achieve different goals no matter how small, their achievement brings fulfillment. (Please make your goals reasonable)

5.Tell yourself the truth- This is one big bridge i had to cross, i had to learn to admit the truth to myself at all time. Telling yourself the truth means you are still in contact with your conscience and the innocence within. It also puts you in check when you're trailing off track.

6.Appreciate and Celebrate yourself- Part of appreciating yourself is being where you're appreciated rather than where you're tolerated. Another thing is, celebrating your little successes and achievements. Feel free to laugh and dance at yourself for yourself. "if you don't take care of yourself, who will?" Go out on lone dates, buy new things for yourself, don't wait for anyone to feel celebrated and appreciated.


7. Do the Mirror test- this i learnt from my bestie, he put up a mirror in front of me one day and asked me to look at myself. I was shy at first cos i was trying to adjust myself but he said again "look through the mirror", i couldn't. Guess what! i went home and i looked at myself (thank God i have a full stand mirror in my room) i looked through to see myself.  It was funny and very dumb at first but after a long time of trying, i could see The most beautiful woman God created (blushing). I'm not saying i'm perfect but the mirror test enables you to see you like you should, Beautiful!


I'm sure i've been saying a lot since, but these are my thoughts and they've helped me. Hope they help you too. Once again. feel free to share your thoughts and point of view. Every comment and view is appreciated.

Till another post.... See yaa and feel Fabulous this weekend. Muahhhh....
Olufunke

8 comments:

  1. I just want to thank you for this concluding part and I must say, you have done a great work mostly in your no 5 point and I truly share your point and that was a turning point in my life that has help me till now. Truth told to oneself is the BEST TRUTH. I’m looking forward to your next post baby...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you soo much. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. You are on point,,well said and i think the mirror test is so true!









    ReplyDelete
  3. Ma best part is being adventurous...hmm u knw me too well dat I love to stay within ma comfort zone..am inspired,watch out 4 d new me.#winks#. Looking 4ward to d next #kisses#

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww.. can't wait to see that new adventurous part of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what people need to hear more about.Kudos

    ReplyDelete