Wednesday 17 July 2013

Be your own Celeb.

Hello friends,

Hope the week seem smooth so far(though its just Wednesday), mine has been quiet interesting. So this lovely Wednesday, everyone is a "Celebrity" *yayyyy



Did a little questioning, Who is a Celebrity?
And Oxford Dictionary described "A celebrity as a Famous person in entertainment or sport";
Tiwa Savage


but according to Your's truly *takes a bow*, everyone is a "Celebrity". Everyone deserves to be celebrated, recognized, appreciated and ....... *fill in the blank* for one thing or the other, simple!
Its unfortunate the way the status "celebrity" is now coveted in Nigeria (and the World) and the morales these Celebs exhudes is quiet alarming and as far as i'm concerned not so good. But after a long thought process, i told myself, I should also be celebrated. Why?
I'm one of a kind and there can only be one unique ME.



*i lie?

If for the singular fact that my finger and tongue print don't match with anyone else makes me unique. I talk my own way, dress my own way, own my own dreams and above all "i'm wonderfully and fearfully made" says The Almighty God. *blushes.



Seriously, i've truly had enough of "i want to be like this..." i want to have a nose like that..." why can't other people be like me too. I remember a long time ago (story story.. story!), i so wanted to be like someone whose name i won't mention. I didn't like the way i looked, my height, my body size and so on.  I wasn't happy and i couldn't really be myself infact there were days i would look at myself and cry, those days weren't funny, seriously! Friends called me different names (OMG they are so horrible i don't want to mention them), made fun of me and it really did't help my self esteem i must say. Long story short, my "redemption"came through the day my mum told me of Psalm 139 verse 14 *please read* and fortunately for me it coincided with the day Agbani Darego was crowned the first black Miss World. That day my mum caught me crying, she asked just one question, "so what position did you hold in your last exams compared to the position of the people making jest of you held"? *that's the people calling me names. I blabbed for a while and wiped my face. By night i watched the Miss World crowned Miss Agbani Darego, i cried so much you'd think i won the crown.




I guess the point she was trying to make simply was that my beauty at that time should not be judged by what peers said of me but what i see and believe within me. From that point till date i became free to be Me and Love Me. Though i'm a success story in the making, the process has been rough but trust me it has been worth it.

So  back to my point, everyone should be celebrated and we shouldn't make some people seem the almighty Celebrity and in turn get less than what we deserve or even feel so intimated to start chasing how to be like them.

 It was a gradual process to get here though the journey still continues (and i'm not even close) but i'm way better than who i was and i believe "a Celebrity" lies in everyone waiting for the spotlight. 

This is just a preamble *feeling like a prof* please follow this page to get the full details of the journey so far. As always, hope you got one or two things from this post and please i do appreciate your comments and opinions, they are not just for me, someone, somewhere needs what you have to say to be a Celeb.

oya oya issokay..... lols. See you soon *plenty ((Hugs))


Photo Courtesy: Bella naija, Facebook, Google




3 comments:

  1. You've understood the first law of success - The Law of Identification! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,that is a nice one

    ReplyDelete